Liverpool Airport Special Assistance
Facilities for Those that require special assistance
Liverpool Airport provides disabled travellers with a range of facilities designed to make travelling easy and hassle-free. Disabled facilities at the airport include:
Changing Places: Toilet facilities for those in need of special assistance. Make sure to check out Airport Parking Shop’s article on Changing Places at UK airports.
Liverpool Airport Special Assistance Tips
- Make sure to check what arrangements and facilities are offered by a variety of airlines before you decide on a final booking. It is important to check whether special assistance costs extra within your ticket price.
- Make sure to inform your airline surrounding your specific needs with plenty of time before you fly. Also it is important to let the airline know if you plan to stay in your own wheelchair rather than one provided by the company you’re flying with.
- It is important to remember that you may be required to walk a bit further than anticipated, depending on the size of the airport and the distance to your gate for example. Once you have booked your flight, contact the special assistance team at Aberdeen Airport on 01224 725767 to discuss how they can make your journey a little easier.
- Our friends at Airport Parking Shop have produced a great range of highly relevant articles surrounding various travel related issues. Topics include Flying with autism, dementia, sensory impairment, diabetes, and stroke. For anyone who is looking to travel via an airport with these medial conditions, they are a great reference with some very handy tips!
- Daisy UK – daisyuk.co.uk are a Liverpool based charity, who strive for the inclusion of disabled people in every day activities.They achieve this through the mediums of Sport, Education and Employment. If you would like to get in touch with Daisy UK you cando so by either phoning them at (0151) 261 0309 or sending them an email at email@example.com